Answers from Patrick Cowles
1. Who are your three favorite characters from The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, The Jim Henson Hour, the Muppet movies, etc. and why?
Hmm… This is a tough one. Fozzie Bear, because when I was a kid he gave me the courage to do whatever I wanted. Animal, because he’s just so AWESOME!!! And probably Sam the Eagle, because he tries to be cultural, except The Muppets ruin his plans!
2. Who are your three favorite characters from Sesame Street and why?
Once again, a tough one… Ernie, because he annoys Bert so much, and Bert because Ernie annoys him so much, and probably Oscar the Grouch, because he’s so mean to everyone!
3. Who are your three favorite characters from Fraggle Rock and why?
Boober, because he always wants to do laundry, Gobo, because he’s the leader of the five and inspiring, and Junior Gorg, because he’s so large and his voice is so awesome!
4. What is your favorite television program starring any of Jim Henson’s creations (e.g. The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, etc.) and why?
The Muppet Show, because they’ve got everything. The guest stars, the comedy, the musical numbers. This is what everybody remembers when they think of The Muppets.
5. What is your favorite Muppet movie and why?
Probably The Great Muppet Caper, because its hilarious no matter how much times you watch it–plus all of the songs in it, too!
7. If you could have dinner with any living Muppet performer who would you choose and why?
Frank Oz, because he is the one that could share the most memories with me about Jim Henson!
9. If the President ( Fozzie Bear, in 2016) called you and asked to discuss Muppet projects, what would you tell him was the “Greatest Muppet Moment of All Time”?
“Piggy’s Fantasy,” for reasons seen above.
10. What’s the name of that song?
I DONT KNOW!! I JUST DONT ALRIGHT!!
11. If a judge ruled that Grover had to be your personal assistant for a month, what jobs would you have him do?
I’d have him make clones of Ernie and Bert, so I could own them.
13. Who is one celebrity you would love to see cameo in the next Muppet movie?
Celebrity lookalikes of The Marx Brothers. Because, honestly, who wouldn’t like that?
14. If you could take a picture with any Muppet, who would you choose and how would you pose?
I would choose Fozzie Bear and I would pose with him at a famous stand-up comedy venue!
15. What is your favorite piece of Muppet merchandise that you own? (Feel free to include a picture!)
My OFFICIAL MUPPET SHOW GILDA RADNER SCRIPT!!! I fan-geek every time I talk about it!
The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, email@example.com