This week Sesame Workshop released images of the new Sesame Street set that will debut in Season 46 later this year. The whole set has become a lot more colorful and is more of a spectacle than it was back in it’s original 1969 form. The biggest changes include:
- Oscar has moved from one side of 123 Sesame Street to the other (which has prompted some to note that he is now blocking the windows of Bert and Ernie)
- Big Bird’s wall of doors are gone, and his nest is exposed to the street.
- Big Bird now sleeps in a nest in a tree.
- Cookie Monster has moved in above Hoopers Store.
- Elmo has moved in to the apartment previously owned by Gordon and Susan for the past 45 years.
- The carriage house, previously occupied by a daycare centre and Gina’s veterinarian office, has been turned in to a community centre.
- There is a new garden area, which will be maintained by Abby Cadabby.
So in the past year a lot of people have been evicted from their premises and their friends have moved in. Below you’ll find a lot of photos of the new set. Let us know what you think!