Greetings, Muppet fans! I’m here to give you the opportunity to write for The Muppet Mindset. We want your articles! Below are the submission guidelines and examples of our recurring article series that are always looking for new entries. Feel free to submit articles in our recurring series or email us about a unique article that you have on your mind. We’re open to most anything!
Submit ALL articles to Jarrod Fairclough at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval on articles.
We accept all kinds of article contributions based on the Muppets, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, and occasionally other Henson “universes” (The Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, Dinosaurs, etc.) as well. We accept opinion articles, product reviews, whatever! We do reserve the right to refuse any article and edit any article as we see fit. If there are specific pictures you would like to include with your article, please submit those at the same time you submit your piece.
Our most popular article series, Weekly Muppet Wednesdays, is always accepting submissions. Below is a list of characters we are currently accepting articles for:
Sesame Street Characters: Rodeo Rosie, Sonny Friendly, Bip Bipadotta, Colambo, Big Bad Wolf, Three Little Pigs
Muppet Characters: Angel Marie, Behemoth, Carter, Goggles, The Flying Zucchini Brothers, Koozebanians, Skeeter, Guru/Brewster, Wally, Old Tom, Real Old Tom, and Dead Tom, Nigel (the director), Harry the Hipster, King Goshposh,
Fraggle Rock/Other: Dog City characters, Dinosaurs characters (except Baby Sinclair), Lou Fraggle, Marlin Fraggle, Nanny (Muppet Babies), Bear in the Big Blue House characters (except Bear), Dark Crystal characters, Labyrinth characters
The Great Muppet Survey is a fun way for you Muppet fans to share some of your wit with us here at The Muppet Mindset and our fans who read our posts! Below are 15 questions that we would like you answer at your own pace. From there, copy and paste the questions and your answers into an email to email@example.com. Fun, right? Check out the questions below and get started on answering The Great Muppet Survey!
- Who are your three favorite characters from The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, The Jim Henson Hour, the Muppet movies, etc. and why?
- Who are your three favorite characters from Sesame Street and why?
- Who are your three favorite characters from Fraggle Rock and why?
- What is your favorite television program starring any of Jim Henson’s creations (e.g. The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, etc.) and why?
- What is your favorite Muppet movie and why?
- What is your favorite Muppet/Sesame/Fraggle song and why?
- If you could have dinner with any living Muppet performer who would you choose and why?
- If you could tell Jim Henson one thing, what would it be?
- If the President called you and asked to discuss Muppet projects, what would you tell him was the “Greatest Muppet Moment of All Time”?
- What’s the name of that song?
- If a judge ruled that Grover had to be your personal assistant for a month, what jobs would you have him do?
- In your opinion, what is the worst Muppet production ever made?
- Who is one celebrity you would love to see cameo in the next Muppet movie?
- If you could take a picture with any Muppet, who would you choose and how would you pose?
- What is your favorite piece of Muppet merchandise that you own? (Feel free to include a picture!)
Have you ever wondered how some Muppet fans became Muppet fans? How did a kid like Maxwell Jessop, born years after the Jim Henson era, come to love the Muppets? How did The Muppet Mindset’s Ryan Dosier get obsessed and start this website? You’ll find out the answers to all of these and much more in our ongoing series of Muppet Fan Testimonials. If you would like to share your story, email Jarrod Fairclough at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Originated by frequent contributor Kyle Mahoney reviewing Big Bird in China and Big Bird in Japan, the series takes another look at “retro” Muppet productions–those productions produced in the past. We try to focus on projects made before the year 2000, but we’ll settle for whatever! If you would like to contribute to Muppet Retro Reviews, submit an article to email@example.com.
The Muppet Fan’s Muppet Collection Chronicle is an ongoing series that showcases Muppet fans and their extensive Muppet collections. It is sponsored by our friends at Muppet Stuff, run by Chris Stulz. Whether your collection is massive like Christopher O’Connor, a Fozzie Bear only collection like Daniel Moss, or a video showing off your collection like Dave Hulteen, we want to see it! If you would like to show off your Muppet collection, email Jarrod Fairclough at firstname.lastname@example.org or Chris Stulz at MuppetsStuff@gmail.com.
Professor Ryan Dosier and his team of guest lecturers head a semi-weekly lecture on various topics within the Muppet world, keeping you up to date on your Muppetology knowledge. As an introductory course, Muppetology 101 has covered topics such as character recasts and character couplings and in the future will look at various Muppet productions and the order they came in.
The Muppet Mindset Presents: How To… is a series of articles started way back in 2010 when Lisa the Intern wrote an article about How To… Train Your Dog to Be Like Sprocket. The series continued briefly later that year when James Carroll made an amazing How To… Draw Pepe in 10 Easy Steps piece using Flash. The series was revived in 2012 by Maxwell Jessop whose articles so far have included How To… Make Friends with a Rat and How To… Become a Superhero.